Skyway Tuff Wheels with fitted Raleigh Whitewall Tyres and Freewheel Pair
Save yourself some trouble with these Skyway Tuff Wheels with Raleigh Whitewall tyre pre-installed by us. All ready to fit to your old school BMX restoration. If that wasn't enough, we also include two quality innertubes and a chrome 16T freewheel.
20" Skyway Tuff Wheels
Made in USA. Sealed bearings front and rear. 10mm (3/8" axle). Black or White. Please note that for some old school forks you will need to "flat" the front axle with a file. We can do this for you for a charge.
Raleigh Whitewall Tyres
Made for Raleigh by Duro. Perfect for your authentic 1980's freestyle restoration. This is what we used before dedicated Freestyle tyres from Tioga & Panaracer became available in the later 80's. We even experimented using these on race bikes on the rear - so I guess we were about 30 years too ahead of the game on that one ;) See photo of Mike Pardon running skinwall one of these at Redditch 1982.
Kenda or equal quality 20x1.75-2.125 tubes.
Chrome 16T Freewheel
Fitted 4-JERI or similar 1/8" freewheel. Use 44T front chainring.
• If you have a modern bike with a small 25T front sprocket then you need the 9T Tuff Wheels that we sell instead.
• Avoid black marks on your rims remember to order KOOL STOP brake pads from us for these wheels.
• PLEASE NOTE As these wheels are composite they can't be as perfectly true as a conventional alloy rim that you can true.
• PLEASE NOTE: While we do check these before despatch you may need to wipe off any minor cosmetic marks when you receive and fit them, especially with the white ones.
• As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us on 01942 826598.
• Over the years we have built hundreds of bikes with these wheels, see images.