Dia-Compe MX-1000 / MX-122 Brake Kit Black
DiaCompe MX1000 brakes are now available as a complete brakeset from Alans BMX with front and rear calipers, a pair of MX122 levers and front and a pair fo front and rear Dia-Compe BRS brake cables.
• Dia-Compe MX1000 brakes: 1x Front. 1x Rear. Black. Complete with all mounting hardware. In individual boxes.
• Dia-Compe MX-122 levers pair of one left one right. Includes ferrules for the cables. Black. In original packaging with Dia-Compe header card.
• Front and rear spefiic genuine Dia-Compe brake cables.
• Dia-Compe frame clips available (extra) in a choice of 3 sizes and 4 colours, please see separate listing.
About MX1000 Brakes
Back in 2007 I took a red original MX-1000 in my backpack to the Interbike trade show in Las Vegas. When there I found the Dia-Compe stand in the show guide and went straight there pulled out my MX-1000 and asked could they still make these. "No" was the answer. Well they must've changed their mind because they have done them after all!
In the 70's all we had were caliper brakes and they were rubbish, mostly because the caliper flexed so much as well as the lever and it's banding. How anyone ever did endos (without a curb) was amazing. Anyway around 1980 the MX-1000 was launched with it's c-section "girder" construction - and they were a huge improvement, being the only brake anyone ran for racing or freestyle until the 901 and Nippon came out circa 85. I think only me and Harry Leary ran them on the front for racing :)
• Adjust/Quick Release.
• Dimension: 73mm-92mm.
• Cold forged aluminum arms (anodized).
• OPC30 pads.
• 210g each.
• Front & Rear pair.
• Curved washers and locknut included.