Dia-Compe MX1000 Gold Complete Brake Set with Dia-Compe Cables
The MX1000 brakes are now available as a complete brakeset from us comprising:
• New Dia-Compe MX1000 brakes: 1x Front. 1x Rear. Gold. Complete with all mounting hardware.
• New Dia-Compe Tech-III levers. Includes ferrules for the cables. Gold.
• Front and rear brake GENUINE Dia-Compe branded brake cables. Black.
Back in 2007 I took a red original MX-1000 in my backpack to the Interbike trade show in Las Vegas. When there I found the Dia-Compe stand in the show guide and went straight there pulled out my MX-1000 and asked could they still make these. "No" was the answer. Well they must've changed their mind because they have done them after all!
In the 70's all we had were caliper brakes and they were rubbish, mostly because the caliper flexed so much as well as the lever and it's banding. How anyone ever did endos (without a curb) was amazing. Anyway around 1980 the MX-1000 was launched with it's c-section "girder" construction - and they were a huge improvement, being the only brake anyone ran for racing or freestyle until the 901 and Nippon came out circa 85. I think only me and Harry Leary ran them on the front for racing :)
• Adjust/Quick Release.
• Dimension: 73mm-92mm.
• Cold forged aluminum arms (anodized).
• OPC30 pads.
• 210g each.
• Front & Rear pair.
• Curved washers and locknut included.
For the finishing touch why not order a set of the re-issue Kool Stop International brake pads?