Dia-Compe MX1000 Red Complete Brake Set with Dia-Compe Cables
The legendary old school BMX DiaCompe MX1000 brakes are now available as a complete brakeset from us comprising:
• Dia-Compe MX1000 brakes: 1x Front. 1x Rear. Red. Complete with all mounting hardware.
• Dia-Compe Tech-III levers. Red. Includes ferrules for the cables. Red.
• Now with genuine Dia-Compe Front & rear brake cables. Red.
• Frame cables clips available from us (extra) in a choice of 3 sizes and 4 colours.
• All items come in their original packaging/boxes.
Back in 2007 I took a red original MX-1000 in my backpack to the Interbike trade show in Las Vegas. When there I found the Dia-Compe stand in the show guide and went straight there pulled out my MX-1000 and asked could they still make these. In the 70's all we had were caliper brakes and they were rubbish, mostly because the caliper flexed so much as well as the lever and it's banding. How anyone ever did endos (without a curb) was amazing. Anyway around 1980 the MX-1000 was launched with it's c-section "girder" construction - and they were a huge improvement, being the only brake anyone ran for racing or freestyle until the 901 and Nippon came out circa 85. I think only me and Harry Leary ran them on the front for racing :)
• Adjust/Quick Release.
• Dimension: 73mm-92mm. • Cold forged aluminum arms (anodized).
• OPC30 pads.
• 210g each.
• Front & Rear pair.
• Curved washers and locknut included.