Dia-Compe MX890 / Tech-4 Complete Brake Kit Blue
Alans BMX have bundled together for you this genuine Dia-Compe brake set with Blue MX-890 calipers front and rear, left and right Tech-III brake levers and front and rear genuine Dia-Compe BRS cables for your old school BMX set up.
The MX890 brakes are now available from ALANS BMX as a complete brake set comprising:
• New Dia-Compe MX890 brakes: 1x Front. 1x Rear. Complete with all mounting hardware, (washers & curved washers).
• New Dia-Compe Tech-IV levers. Includes ferrules for the cables.
• Front and rear genuine Dia-Compe cables.
• Frame cable clips available separately from us (extra) in a choice of 3 sizes and 4 colours.
The 890 pre-dates the MX-1000 and along with Shimano was the brake of choice before the "1000" came out. Perfect for all 80's restorations especially those bikes dating from 1982 and before (Diamond Back Silver Streak, Torker 280, etc) these were still used into the mid-80's as a cheaper alternative to the 1000.
These new versions from Dia-Compe actually look nicer in our opinion than the new MX1000 and they come in Black, Red, Blue, Gold Silver or White. Match them up with these Tech-IV lever and you have great looking brake set that only the cognoscenti will know aren't the originals.
• Dimension: 73mm-92mm.
• Cold forged aluminium arms.
• 210g each.
• Front & Rear pair.
• Curved washers and locknut included.
• PLEASE NOTE: If you are using a Freestyle Potts Mods (front cable though the hollow stem bolt) you will need TWO REAR cables. Please let us know if you have this set up and we’ll send you two rear cables instead. The 890 caper is easy switch around the adjuster and anchor for this set up.
• Why not add Kool Stop INTL brake pads for that 80's pro look.