Dia-Compe MX890 / Tech-4 Complete Brake Kit White
All white genuine Dia-Compe MX-890 complete brake kit from ALANS BMX. Includes: front and rear calipers, left and right Tech-IV levers, front and rear BRS cables.
NOTE: Now supplied with original-style brown Dia-Compe MX1000 brake pads.
The MX890 brakes are now available from ALANS BMX as a complete brake set comprising:
• New Dia-Compe MX890 brakes: 1x Front. 1x Rear. Complete with all mounting hardware, (washers & curved washers).
• New Dia-Compe Tech-IV levers. Includes ferrules for the cables.
• Front and rear genuine Dia-Compe cables.
• Frame cable clips available separately from us (extra) in a choice of 3 sizes and 4 colours.
The 890 pre-dates the MX-1000 and along with Shimano was the brake of choice before the "1000" came out. Perfect for all 80's restorations especially those bikes dating from 1982 and before (Diamond Back Silver Streak, Torker 280, etc) these were still used into the mid-80's as a cheaper alternative to the 1000.
These new versions from Dia-Compe actually look nicer in our opinion than the new MX1000 and they come in Black, Red, Blue, Gold Silver or White. Match them up with these Tech-IV lever and you have great looking brake set that only the cognoscenti will know aren't the originals.
• Dimension: 73mm-92mm.
• Cold forged aluminium arms.
• 210g each.
• Front & Rear pair.
• Curved washers and locknut included.
• Why not add Kool Stop brake pads for that 80's pro look - available from us.