Shimano DXR Crank Set MX71
Probably the most important component of a BMX racing bike is the crankset. Especially at the start, riders put excessive force on the crank. Therefore the crankset should be very rigid and reliable to transfer the power of the riders directly into speed. Keeping this in mind, Shimano developed the updated FC-MX71 crankset which is based on the Saint cranks that are being used a lot at this moment by the pro riders. This lightweight BMX crankset has been developed with Shimano’s HOLLOWTECH II technology and integrates the bottom bracket to create a super stiff construction for optimal power transfer. This crankset has a 4-arm spider and a reinforced pedal/crank interface by using a steel t-nut threaded bushing. It has a single front chainring (34/38/41/42/43/44/46T) that’s compatible with Shimano’s 9-speed HG chains. This crankset is available in following crank lengths: 165, 170, 175 and 180mm.
• BMX HollowTech II crankset for serious heavy duty riding using the new external bottom bracket bearing system to maximum effect.
• Lightweight yet rigid design is highly durable and incredibly strong.
• The included HollowTech II bottom brackets bearings are mounted outboard of the frame, increasing there diameter and placing them more widely apart; this dramatically changes the load on the bearings increasing rigidity and bearing service life.
• Reinforced pedal and crank arm interface with T-nut style steel threaded bushing.
• We recommend that this bottom bracket is initially installed by a bike shop to ensure perfect bottom bracket facing and fit.
• Comes complete with chain ring fixing bolts and nuts (and complete BB).
• For use with a single chainring in a choice of sizes from 34 tooth to 46 tooth in even sizes.
• Chainring not included.